Barnet Council

At the moment I am receiving an extremely high volume of correspondence regarding coronavirus. During normal times I am able to take up concerns relating to council matters, however, for now I ask you to contact the local authority first in order for me to prioritise urgent matters in which I do have more ability to help in. 

Barnet Council has produced a very comprehensive and helpful page on which you can find clear advice on coronavirus. 

If you, a family member, friend, or close member of your community are in need of urgent help that is not medical related, then please:

  • complete the online form on the Barnet website for help and support, or
  • call the FREE Helpline on 0808 281 3210 (open Monday to Sunday from 9am to 5pm)

Barnet Council is responsible for the following issues:

  • Planning 
  • Pavements or roads 
  • Council tax
  • Housing benefits
  • Parks, open spaces and trees 
  • Parking in council car parks 
  • Noise complaints 
  • Schools and school holidays 
  • Refuse/rubbish collection

If your concern relates to any of these issues, please consider first contacting Barnet Council.

Alternatively, you can contact your local councillors who are elected by you to represent you on council matters.