Matthew has sought the assistance of local music producer Roger Tichbourne to help in the quest to identify a winning local band from Edgware, Hendon, Mill Hill, Burnt Oak or Colindale. The chance to play in the Houses of Parliament, an opportunity for some recording time and the possibility of meeting music industrial professionals are just three of the benefits for a lucky band who win the Rock the House music competition in Parliament.
'Rock The House' is an exciting Parliamentary project, in partnership with leading music industry practitioners, which will encourage young people and new musicians to pursue a career in music and promote live music venues. At the same time it will raise awareness of the need for copyright protection measures and inform MPs and the general public as to the importance of copyright protection within the creative industries.
The list of prizes include:
• A winners' reception at the House of Commons
• To perform live at a top music venue in 2011 (details tbc)
• Win Yamaha gear and instruments
• Invaluable PR and promotional exposure
• Network with top industry professionals
• A masterclass from a top sound and lighting engineer
• The opportunity to record an original CD
• Possible opportunity to record (or be at a recording tbc), a music video
• Loads of other runner's up prizes.
Matthew said “Roger and I may not always share the same points of view but we are both interested in playing music and giving opportunities for young people. I am very pleased that he has agreed to assist local bands to enter this competition which could lead to them entering the music industry.”
Roger commented “I'm always on the lookout for ways to help aspiring musicians. When Matthew contacted me I was delighted to be able to help. Music is a force for good and cuts across all sorts of boundaries, as I think Matthew and I have demonstrated here. We are united in our aim to make sure that the winner is from this neck of the woods""
For information on the competition those interested should check out the website http://www.rockthehouse.me.uk/ for more details and an application form.