Free guided tours of Parliament are available to constituents who are UK residents. The walking tour of the Palace of Westminster includes -
- Westminster Hall, the ancient hall at the heart of the Palace where Parliament first sat and where many historic events have taken place
- The House of Commons, including the Speaker's Chair and the famous green benches and the 'lobbies' where MPs vote
- The House of Lords, including the Royal Throne
- The Queen's Robing Room, Royal Gallery and many other fascinating parts of the Palace of Westminster
Please note that tours are very popular and places are limited so generally have to be booked about six months in advance.
Occasionally there is availability at short notice for tours within the next 4 weeks. Please fill out this form to request one of these tours.
Tours operate on the dates and times below:
During parliamentary sessions
- Monday: 9.00am-12noon (full tour)
- Tuesday and Wednesday: 9.00am-9.55am (full tour)
- Tuesday and Wednesday: 10.00am-12noon (partial tour; House of Lords only)
- Thursday: no tours
- Sitting Fridays: 3.30pm-5.15pm (full tour)
- Non-Sitting Fridays: 9.30am-5.15pm (full tour)
During parliamentary recesses
- Summer recess: Monday morning 9.30am-12.30pm (except Bank Holidays)
- Short November recess: 9.30am-5.15pm
- All other recesses: Monday 9.30am-5.15pm (except Bank Holidays when an alternative day will be made available)
Please contact us to enquire about a visit to Westminster and include details of preferred dates and the number of guests.