Council and local matters

Most local matters such as roads, planning, council tax, bin collection and street cleaning are the responsibility of the local authority, in our case Barnet Council. Some matters such as transport, policing and the environment are the responsibility of the devolved London Assembly and the Mayor of London. 

I am able to make representations to Barnet Council regarding local issues, however it may be best to first approach your local ward councillors, who are elected by you to represent you on the council.

You can find the contact details for your local ward councillors on the Barnet Council website -

How long will it take to get a response?

Once I make representations it may take a couple of weeks to receive a response.